UPDATE RE TENANTS’ FORUM: 29 SEPTEMBER
21 October 2021
We held our monthly Tenants’ Forum on Teams on 29 September.
Thanks to all those who attended and to Helen Turner from The Holywood Trust for doing the Tenants Update.
MONTHLY UPDATE: Gwilym Gibbons, Chief Executive of The Crichton Trust welcomed tenants and partners to the meeting.
THE CRICHTON TRUST UPDATE:
By Gwilym Gibbons, The Crichton Trust
Key points of interest:
- Follow up actions from last meeting:
- Business Community Engagement Manager: Sarah Jane Burns has been appointed and is due to start in early October. There will be an opportunity to meet Sarah Jane at future meetings.
- House Meetings: Gordon Clark is arranging House Meetings for tenants where there are multiple tenants in a shared building.
- Venue Update: It is hoped that Easterbrook Bistro and the swimming pool will be operational again from late October. We are continuing our efforts to recruit staff for our venues.
- Crichton HQ: The Crichton Trust has now relocated to new offices within Grierson House and the team can now be found, in what was formerly DGHP offices.
- Property Update: The Crichton Trust is delighted to report that it now has over 100 tenants for the first time! We look forward to new tenants joining future meetings.
- Defib Campaign: The Crichton Defib Campaign is now finished and thanks to the recent fundraising efforts, another defib will soon be installed at the Pavillion. Tenants are welcome to inform The Crichton Trust of any defibs they install in the future.
- Totem Latamat: The Totem Pole is touring UK from Mexico in October. After visiting Glasgow in November for the COP26 Climate Summit, it is to make its final journey to The Crichton where a ceremony is to be held. Look out for more information about associated events in November on The Crichton What’s On and Blog.
- Crichton Cycle Week wc. 25 October: As part of The Crichton’s Active Travel Project, we are hosting Crichton Cycle Week in October. This will include a Mini Cycling Festival with a range of exhibitors offering advice, info, workshops and demos. The aim is to encourage anyone who commutes to The Crichton on a regular basis to consider cycling. Anyone who cycles to work/study during Crichton Central Week can claim a free coffee/hot drink at Crichton Central. More information on What’s On and Blog.
- Composting Project: A new scheme for making compost on site is being established and will involve secure waste shredding.
- Scotland 5G Centre: The official launch of Scotland’s first Rural 5G Hub at The Crichton will take place at Crichton Central at the end of October. Look out for opportunities to get involved in future 5G projects and initiatives.
- Super-fast Wifi Trial: Do you experience any connection issues at The Crichton? The Crichton Trust would like to know of any Wi-Fi, 3G or 4G mobile ‘not spots’ so we can address them as part of a project set up to maximise connectivity across the estate.
UPDATE FROM OUR TENANTS/PARTNERS
Helen Turner, Assistant Director from The Holywood Trust based in Hestan House at The Crichton provided an update which included the background and aims of The Holywood Trust and information about the financial awards given to both individuals and groups. You can view Helen’s slides on the link below.
THE HOLYWOOD TRUST SLIDES
Anyone wishing to contact The Holywood Trust can call 01387 269176 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cycle Path: Claire Hanna asked if the bushes near the Health Board entrance at cycle path could be trimmed back. Action: Gordon Clark (Update: Actioned)
- Acknowledgement: Tenants present commended The Holywood Trust for the good work they do for young people and for young homeless people in the region.
REMINDER TO ALL TENANTS:
Find out more about all tenants on The Crichton Directory – www.crichton.co.uk
If you are a tenant at The Crichton, please remember to keep your profile updated on The Crichton Directory – complete the form at the top of the page or email: email@example.com
Please encourage your colleagues to sign up to The Crichton Trust Newsletter which is accessible in the footer of our website and to browse The Crichton Magazine.
If you would like to provide an update at future meetings or contribute to the magazine, please get in touch by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The next Tenants’ Forum will take place on Wednesday 27 October at 11am and will include an update from The Crichton Trust and SHAX. As usual, tenants will receive an email invitation from The Crichton Trust with joining details for Teams. Any queries please contact the office on 01387 247544.
The next Crichton Briefing (now quarterly) will take place on Tuesday 7 December at 4pm. Details will be shared on social media. All welcome.