UPDATE FROM TENANTS’ FORUM: 31 AUGUST
14 September 2022
HIGHLIGHTS FROM TENANTS’ FORUM MEETING ON 31 AUGUST:
Our last Tenants’ Forum took place on Wednesday 31 August on Teams and was hosted by Sarah-Jane Burns, Business Community Development Manager at The Crichton Trust. Thanks to those who joined us and for those who couldn’t make it this month, you can find the highlights below:
INTRODUCTIONS: Sarah-Jane welcomed everyone to the meeting and invited anyone attending for the first time to introduce themselves. Andy Todman from The Scotland 5G Centre and Derek Gillies from The Holywood Trust took the opportunity to introduce themselves.
UPDATES AND DISCUSSIONS:
- Property Update: Gordon Clark, Head of Property at The Crichton Trust provided a brief update about property developments on site and introduced tenants to the iAuditor App that has recently been rolled out across the estate to report any maintenance or Health and Safety issues directly to the team. An iAuditor Poster with QR code is located in every building and has been emailed to tenants. Gordon also responded to questions around energy prices, which are currently under review.
- Venues Update: Fiona Rands, Head of Venues at The Crichton Trust, provided a brief update about venues including new opening times and Ukrainian dishes at Easterbrook Bistro. Fiona also reported that Crichton Central and Easterbrook Hall continue to be very busy and welcomed any feedback about the venues, which are still operating with lower than the preferred staffing levels. Fiona also advised tenants to look out for details of Christmas parties and lunches over the next few weeks. Fiona also responded to questions about licensing and staff training.
- Other Trust Updates: Sarah-Jane provided an updated about Doors Open Day plans for 4 September, Chamber of Commerce B2B Expo on 6 October at Easterbrook Hall, Botanical Arts Classes at Crichton Central in October, the waiting list for DGLGBT Training Sessions and provided early notice of the Doonhame Festival dates for 2023 and news of UCI Cycling Championships coming to the region in 2023.
- Open Day: The University of Glasgow advised of their Open Day on 15th September and were invited to send details to The Crichton Trust for the What’s On Guide.
- Energy Prices: Sarah-Jane reminded tenants about the work that The Crichton Trust has been doing behind the scenes to review energy prices and efficiencies and about the KTP project supporting aspirations for a District Heating System for The Crichton. Energy will form part of the discussion at the next Forum on 28 September.
Other updates since the meeting:
- Venue Closure: Following the sad passing of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and plans for her State Funeral on 19th September, all Venues will be closed for the day. Buildings will be accessible to tenants and emergencies can be reported in the usual way. See updates.
- Moving On: Sarah-Jane Burns has announced that she will be leaving The Crichton Trust to take up a new role at the end of September. More info to follow in due course.
- Meet DASA: An opportunity to meet Dr Debra Carr, Defence and Security Accelerator’s Innovation Partner for Scotland at Crichton Central at 10.30am on 12 October. Find out more and register.
- Clay Works Sample Sale: The Clay Works Studio in Solway House has a Sample Sale on Saturday 17 September from 10am to 3pm. All welcome.
- Check out The Crichton What’s On for the latest updates about forthcoming events.
- Crichton Briefing: The Crichton Briefing video update planned for 6 September has been postponed. Next briefing due 6 December.
- Tenants’ Forum: Next Tenants’ Forum will take place on 28 September at 11am in the FlexiSpace at Crichton Central.
- Walk and Talk: Informal Walk and Talk sessions for tenants, colleagues, members and partners take place at Crichton Central on every second Wednesday of each month. Next one 21 September. Contact Sarah-Jane.
- Coffee and Chat: Drop-in Coffee and Chat sessions for tenants, colleagues, members and partners will start at Crichton Central on the first Tuesday of each month. Next one 4 October. Contact Sarah-Jane.