- 2 FEBRUARY 2023: Competition: Winners Announced – See Blog
- 2 FEBRUARY 2023: Architects selected as winners of The Crichton Project. — The Crichton Project
- 11 JULY 2022: See Crichton Centre for Memory and Wellbeing website for Project Updates
- 11 JULY 2022: Competition: Design Competition Launched – See Blog
- MARCH 2022: Tender for Fully Managed Design Competition Service
- NOVEMBER 2021: The Crichton Trust awarded largest UK Community Renewal Fund grant in Scotland FIND OUT MORE
- Further updates on our blog and the project website: http://www.thecrichtonproject.com.
The Merrick Building (above), formerly the laundry at Crichton Royal Hospital, has been identified as the future home of The Crichton Centre for Memory and Wellbeing at The Crichton in Dumfries. A design competition was launched in 2022 to encourage architects to present their design concepts for the development.
In February 2023, O’DonnellBrown’s winning design concept (illustrated above) is set to repurpose and enhance the existing Merrick building to provide the opportunity to strengthen The Crichton’s legacy as a place where nature and landscape have historically been harnessed to support wellbeing.
This project is part-funded by the UK Government through the UK Community Renewal Fund