MS Society Scotland and MS Scotland Council invite you to join us at this free event where we will be joined by a variety of speakers and host a selection of well-being workshops, exhibitors, and much much more. This event is for anyone affected by MS, including family, friends, and carers.
In the morning we will hear about the latest advances in MS research from Professor David Lyons and Eleonora Scalia, Anne Rowling Regenerative Neurology Clinic.
You will then be able to choose from a selection of workshops:
In the afternoon we are joined by Dr Emily Kennedy who gives us an insight into Pain and the role mindfulness has to play in managing it. Followed by a panel discussion with Q and A hosted by Laura MacIver (BBC Scotland) with panelists from our MS community including; Carla Callaghan, Bayan Mohajeri, Charlotte Sager, Scott McPhillimy discussing how they seized opportunities because of their MS.
Light refreshments will be provided so please remember to inform us of any dietary requirements in advance.
• The sessions are not tailored to any specific needs
• The sessions are designed for guidance, motivation, and educational purposes only
• No information should be taken as medical or professional health advice
• Each person taking part in the sessions should assess the activity and determine if it is appropriate for them
• Each person taking part in the session is responsible for ensuring they have appropriate space, facilities, and practical support as needed
• Each person taking part in the session is responsible for ensuring that any equipment they use for the activity is suitable and sufficient
Please make sure you bring emergency contact details with you.Back to Events