UPDATE RE TENANTS FORUM ON 30 JUNE
1 July 2021
We held our monthly Tenants’ Forum on Teams on 30 June. Thanks to all those who attended.
MONTHLY UPDATE: Craig Renton, Chief Operating Officer at The Crichton Trust welcomed tenants and partners to the meeting.
- Apologies from Gwilym Gibbons, Chief Executive of The Crichton Trust
- Outdoor Events Programme – The Summer Garden continues with live viewing of sports and movies, Illyria Theatre company will present Dr Dolittle in July and Much Ado About Nothing in August, the Scottish Opera will deliver pop-up shows in August and the Doonhame Festival and Doonhame Kids Festival set to go ahead on 30/31 July and 1 August respectively.
- New Tenants – We are pleased to report that a number of new tenants have joined us recently and you will be able to read about some of them in the Crichton Magazine when it is published soon. Welcome to anyone who is here for the first time today.
- Amazon Smile – The Crichton Trust has recently registered with Amazon Smile, so we can now get a small % of any purchase you make via Amazon if you use The Crichton Trust link to Amazon Smile – the link is below, in our newsletter and on our website blog. We will be grateful for any support this generates for The Crichton Trust. https://smile.amazon.co.uk/ch/SC024797
- Swimming Pool – Everyone seems keen to go for a swim, but the pool at Easterbrook Bistro is still closed. This will be reviewed when we reach Level Zero and when we hope the need for social distancing will be more relaxed. We will keep you posted.
- Easterbrook Bistro is still open 7 days a week from 10am to 4pm (with last kitchen orders at 3pm). It’s great to see people sitting inside and out and meeting up safely again.
- Defibrillator Campaign – As part of our ongoing defibrillator campaign, look out for an email coming out to tenants soon about the opportunity to buy a defibrillator and outdoor case at a ‘group’ price from the Boyd Group. The Trust is also running First Aid, CPR and AED courses for staff and we are happy to extend an invitation to tenants who may wish to join these courses too. More information coming soon.
- Ventilation – As a Trust we are encouraging colleagues and tenants to ventilate their workspaces as much as possible by opening the windows. Anyone who has any difficulty opening their office windows at The Crichton should let Gordon Clark and his team know, so that we can address this for you asap.
- Holywood Trust Update from Helen Turner: Two staff members have left the Trust, Karen Dalgleish who will be moving on to others things after having a break over the summer, and Richard Lye who has retired. Karen is replaced by Hagen Patterson as the Communications and Events Officer and starts on the 12thJuly 2021. While the funding from the Trust is normally an open fund, the Trustees are trying out having a subject specific fund with a deadline date. The current specific fund is Protect Our Planet and is open just now for individual young people 25 and under, Groups of Young People (within an organisation) and organisations and the closing date is Monday 9th More information on the website. https://www.holywood-trust.org.uk/
- Crichton Central update – It was with great excitement that we opened the doors to the café at Crichton Central on Monday 21 June. The café, lawn and outdoor terrace is now open to the public Monday to Friday, 10am to 3pm. The plan is to review the opening of the indoor lounge when we reach Level Zero and to open the co-working and meeting rooms later in the year or when guidance re working from home changes. Please refer to the new website for more information. https://www.crichtoncentral.co.uk/
- DCR Online Update: Fiona from DCR informed the group that DCR is currently offline due to technical faults with their desk. As a charity they can’t afford to replace it, but are arranging for it to be repaired and hope to be back online soon. Graeme Anderson is no longer with DCR and Sandy Sweetman has recently been appointed as the new chairman for DCR.
- Access to the swimming pool for tenants The swimming pool is currently closed, but in the past there was a trial membership pass available to tenants. This enabled tenants to try out the pool for free during the first 6 months or so after becoming a tenant. The Crichton Trust is currently reviewing membership packages for Crichton Central and what this might mean for tenants and access to the pool in the future.
- Plans for future test events at Crichton Central The only other test event planned at Crichton Central in the short term is the Redfish Blues Band which is being live streamed from Crichton Central on 13 July. Tickets are available for a virtual audience.
- Plans for Easterbrook Bistro Both Crichton Central and Easterbrook Bistro are now open to the public, still on reduced opening hours.
- Demand for Car Parking when businesses return to the Business Park Although the site has been busy, there hasn’t been an issue with car parking during the pandemic, but the Trust will keep an eye on demand for spaces when businesses return to work on site and as visitor numbers to Crichton Central and leisure guests continue to grow.
Craig thanked everyone for attending and thanked Jamie for his technical support during the meeting.
Find out more about all tenants on The Crichton Directory – www.crichton.co.uk
REMINDER TO ALL TENANTS:
If you are a tenant at The Crichton, please remember to keep your profile updated on The Crichton Directory – complete the form at the top of the page or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please encourage your colleagues to sign up to The Crichton Trust Newsletter which is accessible in the footer of our website and to browse The Crichton Magazine.
If you would like to provide an update at future meetings, please get in touch with Craig Renton or Caroline Bell.
The next Tenants’ Forum will take place on Wednesday 28 July at 11am and will include an update from Andy Todman, The Scotland 5G Centre. As usual, tenants will receive an email invitation from The Crichton Trust with joining details. Any queries please contact the office on 01387 247544.
The next Crichton Briefing (now quarterly) will take place on Tuesday 7 September at 4pm. Details will be shared on social media. All welcome.